There are two schools in our district: a PK-6 Elementary and a High School for grades 7-12.
The High School, Elementary School and administration, business offices and transportation facilities are all located in a modern complex that stretches between Grandview Avenue and 12th Street off Decatur Street. The campus includes five athletic fields, one playground, three cafeterias, two auditoriums, four gymnasiums and an indoor pool with diving well.
The district has progressively maintained its facilities with capital construction projects. These projects have been funded either through the Capital Reserve fund or bond issues for larger projects. With a high state building aid ratio the impact to the local tax levy has been nominal. In 2018 the school added Turf to the main stadium field and the infields of both the softball and baseball fields. Two new outdoor basketball courts were added and a tennis court was added to the existing four. New lighting was also added for evening pedestrian safety.
Please use the online reservation system for facility use requests. The link is located to the left under quicklinks.
Capital Construction Project
In April, 1999, voters in the Watkins Glen Central School District approved a $36,150,000 capital construction project. The project has been completed and has provided for the following modifications & additions:
- an 11-classroom addition at the Elementary School.
- an Elementary cafeteria and kitchen.
- a new High School/Elementary School gymnasium.
- new swimming pool facility and fitness center.
- a 15-classroom addition at the High School.
- renovated technology/art/music rooms at the High School.
- new track and athletic fields at the High School.
- new transportation/operations building.
- creation of safe recreational space at the Middle School.
- renovation of auditorium and classrooms at Middle school.
- physical plant renovations at Middle School.
The project not only benefits students, but the community as well. The indoor track, fitness center and swimming pool are open for community use. In addition, the High School addition houses several community agencies. This will not only make access to these agencies easier for students, but for others in the community as well.