Hall of Fame
The Watkins Glen Athletic Hall of Fame was established in order to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of outstanding athletes, coaches, and Seneca supporters. Recognizing Hall of Fame inductees honors our fine traditions and culture, and preserves the history of our athletic programs.
October - Media Releases
October – Nomination Deadline
November – Selection Committee reviews applications and notifies selected candidates.
December – Induction Ceremony
Watkins Glen Central School District is continually seeking nominations for the Athletic Hall of Fame. Any individual can nominate a potential candidate by completing a Hall of Fame Nomination Application.
Applications are available by clicking the links below or may be picked up at the Athletic Office located in the fieldhouse wing of the high school.
Inductees will be chosen by the Watkins Glen Hall of Fame Selection Committee which is comprised of voting members representing coaching staff, administration, Board of Education, and community members. The Athletic Director or their designee will serve as a chairperson of the Committee.
After nomination and committee review, the Watkins Glen Athletic Hall of Fame will recognize individuals who successfully fall under the following categories:
1) Athlete Individuals who have made significant and extraordinary contributions to Watkins Glen Athletics. Individuals who have exemplified good character, sportsmanship and leadership.
· Must have been a varsity athlete
· Must be out of high school for at least 4 years
2) Coach Individuals who have made significant and extraordinary contributions to Watkins Glen Athletic programs.
· Must have been a varsity coach
· Must be retired from the sport nominated for
3) Benefactor Individuals who have contributed time and interest in the overall
athletic program at Watkins Glen.
· People whose efforts have made a significant impact on athletics